At Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Company, it is our mission to be a professional and committed partner for our policyholders and agents while maintaining fair and competitive rates.
Our headquarters are in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and we provide workers’ compensation and employers’ liability coverage to businesses in Louisiana and eleven other states in the southern mid-western region.
It is our goal to be the “first choice” workers’ compensation company in all our markets.
We are currently looking for an experienced Premium Field Auditor in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area to join our team!
The position may be filled as a Senior Premium Field Auditor depending on experience.
The Premium Auditor will be responsible for managing an assigned audit territory to examine policyholders’ business operations effectively. In addition, will be responsible for performing audits on policies to determine appropriate classifications, exposures, and basis of premium billing. In this position, you will be responsible for building relationships of trust with business owners.
The position reports directly to the Director of Premium Audit.
- Review of the policyholders’ payroll and financial records to ensure accurate calculations of earned premium.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to NCCI rules and guidelines to guarantee the quality of the audit through proper risk classification and exposure-based identification.
- Document audit findings in audit software.
- Works collaboratively with Renewal and New Business Underwriters to establish proper class codes.
- Schedule and coordinate audits by reviewing the policyholders’ business operations to complete site visits, virtual or mail audits.
- Effectively communicate audit results with policyholders’, clients, and coworkers via email, telephone, and face to face interactions.
- Complete all work within the audit best business practice guidelines.
- Prepare detailed reports of audit findings.
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong PC skills (MS Office) with proficiency in the use of spreadsheets.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and complete work/projects.
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret data.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and skill in performing complex Worker Compensation audits.
- Exhibits excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently.
- Ability to achieve and maintain performance standards set by the organization.
Training and Experience/Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, or a related field preferred.
- High School graduate or GED acceptable with 5 years of related experience.
- Associate in Premium Auditing (APA) designation preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Premium Field Auditor: 2-5 years of experience in insurance premium audit practices and procedures.
- Senior Premium Field Auditor: 5+ years of experience in insurance premium audit practices and procedures.
- Remote work location
- Travel Required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000 - $80,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday